To assist us with the most efficient processing of your potential consignment items, please ensure your items meet our Consignment Requirements. In addition to this, we suggest potential consignors also visit our store and peruse our extensive inventory to get a general idea of what we currently carry and see if your items would naturally fit in.
We DO NOT ACCEPT ANY FURNISHINGS without PRIOR APPROVAL
(We prefer to start by seeing photographs, either emailed, brought in or mailed to us). After examining your photos, we will determine if an additional, closer ‘in-home’ inspection is necessary.
First Things First:
Before Your Items May Enter through the Pearly Gates
Of Furniture Heaven Consignment Shoppe
They Must Be:
- Washed and Shined
- Linens and Upholstery MUST be Stain-Free
- Clean and Dust Free
- In Very Good Condition
- In Current Style & Color
- Free of Chips, Cracks or Repairs
- No Burns, Heat Rings, Checking
- No Missing Screws, Bolts, Feet, Brackets, Hang Wires, Keys, Etc.
Prior to Acceptance of ANY Consignments
Large Furnishings & Large Items such as Wall Art, Carpets, etc.
- We must see all large furnishing items prior to arrival preferably through photos. We can accept digital photos via the internet or bring in your hard copy photos.
- In addition, provide as much detail about your items as possible. The manufacturer, type of wood or fabric, approximate age, when & where you may have bought it, what you may have paid for it, etc. The more informed we are, the better we can determine if it is a good fit in the store for our clientele. People love to ‘buy a story’ as much as an item.
- We also request the measurements of your items so we can ensure we have the room.
- Also include “when” you plan to consign your items so we can schedule an appointment and coordinate the arrival of your items into our inventory.
- We do not accept furniture without seeing it first.
- Smaller home decor items may be dropped off without appointment, but must be boxed and labeled with your name or the unique consignor number we give you.
- Small item consignments are Accepted Mon-Fri 9:30-5:00pm.
We prefer no consignment drop offs on Saturdays.
- Along with your contact info, PLEASE provide a list of all your items & any other pertinent info. We can provide you a blank list. Click here for a pdf.
- We will go through your items when time permits. Once we’ve finished, you may pick up a computerized inventory list of the accepted items (and your original list back if required).
Smaller Decor and Small Single Furniture Items
WHEN TO CONSIGN:
Consignments are Accepted Mon-Fri 9:30-5:00pm.
Consignments are not accepted on Saturdays (without prior arrangement)
Furniture consignments are by appointment only (see details above)
The best time to bring in your Accessories is in the mornings.
Mid-day is busy & we may not be able to view your items immediately.
Our Store Hours are:
Monday-Friday 9:30am – 5:00pm
Saturday 10:00am – 4:00pm
Closed Sundays & Holidays
PLEASE: Call ahead about 20-30 minutes prior to your arrival (when you are ready to leave), so we can RESERVE you a good parking spot at the front door (when one becomes available) and we can prepare for your arrival.
WHAT TO CONSIGN:
We accept “Upscale, Gently-Used” household furnishings, home decor and accessories. Items that are “out of style” or “dated” will not be considered. Sofas must be approximately 5 years old or newer. We are interested in unique and
one-of-a-kind items, or items no longer available in regular stores. Bring us your “Better-than-Garage-Sale” Items and get what you should for them.
If we don’t accept some of your items, please don’t take a “No, Thank you” personally. We know what types of items our clientele are looking for and we don’t want to accept items we can’t sell for you. We will try to offer you other options or recommend another shop or charity that may accept your items as a donation.
Dining Room Suites & Kitchen Sets Bedroom Suites, Sofas, Loveseats & Occasional Chairs, Servers, Coffee & End Tables, Sofa Tables, Bookcases, Entertainment Centres, Trunks, Curio Cabinets, Room Dividers, Benches, Stools and More.
Silk Plants, Lamps, Pottery, Dish Sets, Pictures, Mirrors, Art & Sculptures, Antiques, Candle Holders, Wall Decor, Throws, Cushions, Baskets, Vases, Plant Stands Retro-Collectables and all types of Unusual Knick-Knacks.
DO NOT CONSIGN:
We Do Not Accept:
Mattresses, Office Furniture, Silver, Electronic Items (radios, televisions, VCR’s etc.), Bedding, Damaged Furniture, Pictures without hanging wires, Mirrors requiring wall clips to mount, Light Fixtures needing hard wiring, Cracked or Chipped Items.
OCCASIONALLY WE CONSIGN:
Clean up-to-date Bedding, Unusual Rocking chairs, Quality Futons, Larger Seasonal Decorations (i.e. Halloween, Christmas, Easter), Quality Built Bunk-Beds (especially for youth c/w desk/storage underneath), Mattresses in like-new condition (and we mean like-new and based on space availability), Unique Chandeliers